How to Tell If Your Computer Has a Virus infection
• You notice new toolbars, links, or favourites that you didn't add to your web browser.
• Your home page, mouse pointer, or search program has changed without your knowledge.
• You type the address of a specific website into your web browser, but you're taken to a completely different or strange website.
• You see pop-up ads, even if your computer isn't connected to the Internet.
• Your computer suddenly starts running slowly.
The effects probably have crept in overtime and then all of a sudden, your computer or laptop is driving your nuts because the computer is so slow to do anything.
Have a look at your hard drive and if it looks like this with jumbled file names or directories then your computer in infected and needs attention